Monday, March 28, 2016

Wern Han Turns 22!

There are only a few friends that I've met here in Melbourne that I'm so glad to find true friendships in and God seemed to have blessed me greatly in this department, because the Choo siblings are one of them. 

It's been a year since we started to get to know each other and shout out to Wern for being my saviour during our summer school, coming up to my apartment to kill the huge bugs flying around. We've shared countless of fun memories throughout the year and having him roll around on my apartment floor laughing so hard he cried, that night on Kai's birthday, is a sight I will never forget. 

werns22-1

I think, one of my favourite memories of us will always be the one that we still laugh about till today - our valentine's day dinner at Killiney's Kopitiam during summer school. It was meant to be a dinner, which didn't occur to us that we coincidentally fixed it on valentine's day itself. And we still laugh about the time where that lady tried to sell us roses and we so cooly brushed it off. Twice. I also joke about how after that crappy dinner at Killiney's, I wanted froyo but you said it was too far a walk and we should just go home and continue studying.

werns22-6 werns22-7 werns22-19  

Thank you for also spending your first hour of being 22 walking with Bel over to my place to come and get me because I felt really unsafe in my apartment after everything that had happened the past couple of days. 

See, I am always stuck whenever I'm in a situation where I need help, so I stare at my contacts list for far too long, scroll my whatsapp conversation list way too down and I can still never seem to find that one friend whom I can call for help. Thankfully, I've got these 3 people that were so ready to help me out immediately. 

"Pack whatever shit you need to stay safe and come down. We're reaching soon."



Happy Birthday, Wern. I always get nagged at for being too emotional, too soft and always being too nice to people who don't even deserve it. But thank you for being you- your honesty, reliability and words you can give to me as a friend is something I am always so grateful for. I am so happy for you because you finally got the girl of your dreams, that you so patiently waited for and sought after with such certainty. I have never seen someone so certain of someone at the age of 21. I am constantly amazed whenever I see you two together now. 

You have taught me many small but impactful lessons, through your actions and the way you handle situations in your life. One thing, I think, that I've learned from you is that good things happen to good people in time to come. Your level of patience and determination is something that I really need to start acquiring, so thank you for showing me that these characteristics are essential in conquering whatever things life may throw at you. 

werns22-2

Stay rad, stay fab Wernie
Rock on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment